Thursday, May 31, 2012

If I Stay

If I Stay
by Gale Forman


In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck... A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands. - Back o' the Book

I thought this book had a very interesting premise, it reminded me of The Lovely Bones, which I should also do a review on. I was curious how the author would pace it since Mia is almost dead and just floating around but she brought you back to many flashbacks of her life. I would say this was beautifully written and hard to put down. The main character was very different from most female leads to see in Young Adult novels. It is pretty sad in some areas and I found myself torn, just like her, about whether she should stay or go.

I would recommend this to older YA readers since there are some gory scenes and death is a bit of a touchy subject.

-Recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment