Monday, August 20, 2012

Hunting Lila


Hunting Lila
by Sarah Alderson

17-year-old Lila has two secrets she’s prepared to take to the grave. The first is that she can move things just by looking at them. The second is that she’s been in love with her brother’s best friend, Alex, since forever.

After a mugging exposes her unique ability, Lila decides to run to the only people she can trust – her brother and Alex. They live in Southern California where they work for a secret organisation called The Unit, and Lila discovers that the two of them are hunting down the men who murdered her mother five years before. And that they’ve found them. In a world where nothing and no one is quite as they seem, Lila quickly realises that she is not alone – there are others out there just like her – people with special powers -and her mother’s killer is one of them…-Back o' the Book

I found this book that was recommend on a blog site I follow and I think overall it was pretty good. To be honest I thought the beginning of the book went by rather slow, but it did pick up towards the end where I didn't really want to stop reading till I found out what happened.

The main character was a little young for me and a little boy crazy, but I'm hoping she will develop and mature in the next book because with her powers, she has a lot of potential to be a strong character. I would say this is a good book for teens to young adults who like some of the sci-fi mixed in (like I do) and I think I'm going to give the sequel of this book a chance and see if it delivers. It has tons of potential to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment