Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Eon


Eon
by Alison Goodman

Eon has been studying the ancient art of Dragon Magic for four years, hoping he’ll be able to apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons of good fortune. But he also has a dark secret. He is actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been living a dangerous lie for the chance to become a Dragoneye, the human link to an energy dragon’s power. It is forbidden for females to practice the Dragon Magic and, if discovered, Eon faces a terrible death. After a dazzling sword ceremony, Eon’s affinity with the twelve dragons catapults him into the treacherous world of the Imperial court where he makes a powerful enemy, Lord Ido. -Back o' the Book

Again, I bought this because it sounded similar to a book idea that I had but I really did enjoy this. It was a little bit thicker of a book but I thought it was very easy to get into and the time went by quickly. I give kudos to the author for making a plethora of interesting characters, each very different from the next. She also created a whole civilization and social structure. I could see where she got some ideas but her world was unique and fun to explore.

It messed with my head a bit because the main character acted more like a boy and I was reminded a few times she was actually a girl. He (she) makes an interesting transformation throughout the book and I'm guessing she will develop even further in the second book, which I just bought today. Very fun read. I think those who enjoy fantasy, action, and magic will love this book.

-Recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment